Assembler 2 (Weekend Shift)
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Assembler 2 (Weekend Shift) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at the Spectrum Facility in San Diego, CA.
Join the men and women of the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in meeting the largest, most complex systems challenges imaginable for government, military and business.
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Mission Systems division of Northrop Grumman Information Systems. ATN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California. The business has developed and advanced software-defined radio technology for sophisticated communications in a network-centric environment.
A&TN focuses on providing advanced technologies, engineering development and production for our software-defined radio programs. A&TN programs include the communications, navigation and identification (CNI) production for F-22 and F-35 aircraft and production of advanced multi-function RF products such as JCREW.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Set up test apparatus and conduct tests of production assemblies and units following methods, procedures, standards, and sequences.
- Lay out and assembles units for production equipment according to designs and specifications.
- Adjust and calibrates systems as needed.
- Modify equipment by adding, removing, or altering components as defined by predetermined diagrams and sketches.
- Correct malfunctions by making adjustments or replacing parts or components as directed.
- Use hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- High School diploma and 2 years' experience is required.
- Experience with Filter assemblies and/or current J-STD-001 certification.
- Knowledge of techniques, approaches, guidelines, policies and procedures in the job area.
- Must be able to perform assembly techniques in order to make modifications, reworks and assemblies.
- Ability to perform basic problem solving techniques which are fully defined and available through the supervisor, coworkers and written materials.
- Must be able to work Weekend Shift
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Must possess basic, verbal and written communication skills for minimal interaction with others.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top