Assembler 2 - Conformal Coat
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
Some of the world's most technically advanced products are manufactured by employees, who work within Northrop Grumman Missions Systems, a leading provider of sensor systems for a variety of global security applications, including situational awareness and self-protection.
Northrop Grumman manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated, either directly or indirectly, with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
The Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Assembler 2 - Conformal Coat based out of Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, CA.
The ATN business unit focuses on delivering advanced military communications, network architectures and support systems that enable network-centric operations for defense and homeland security customers worldwide.
Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product application to enable networked communications. We work from diagrams and drawings, make initial layouts and use hand and/or power tools, jigs and saws. We may conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications.
What You'll get to Do:
- Wiring component installations and hand soldering, disassembling, modifying, reworking or reassembling units using various hand and pneumatic tools.
- Perform mechanical assembly, cable assembly, component forming and mounting, high reliability assembly.
- Work with various chemicals and solvents.
- Work from verbal or written instructions that provide detailed methods and sequence of assembly operations. Using wiring diagrams and assembly drawings.
- Perform a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables.
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
- High School diploma or GED and 2 years experience.
- Experience working with chemicals and solvents.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance which requires US citizenship.
- Must be able to work with various chemicals and solvents for long periods.
- Knowledge of techniques, approaches, guidelines, policies and procedures in the job area.
- Ability to perform basic problem solving techniques defined through the supervisor, coworkers and written materials.
- Must possess basic verbal and written communication skills for minimal interaction with others.
- Must be able to utilize production work orders, documents, drawings and specifications to perform tasks.
- Must have the ability to follow standard operating and safety procedures when using tools, equipment, chemicals and solvents.
- Occasional light lifting may be required.
- AA or other 1 year technical degree in related discipline and/or 2 year of related experience desired. Related experience includes but is not limited to: Spray Technician, Plating Technician, Painter, Process Helper, Finisher, Car Detailer, Furniture Refinisher, Drywall (patch and repair), Auto Body Repair, Nail Technician.
- IPC-A-620 certification.
- Ability to mask and unmask, in preparation for processing, using solid or liquid masking materials.
- Possesses a keen attention to detail
- Basic mathematics knowledge for mixing chemicals and solvents.
- Familiarity with chemical and solvent variations.
- Ability to work well in a team environment that is committed to completing each task Right and On Time.
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top