Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is a business unit of the Communications Division. ATN is headquartered in San Diego and focuses on delivering advanced military communications, network architectures and support systems that enable network-centric operations for defense and homeland security customers worldwide.
Avionics and Tactical Networks (A&TN) is an operating unit within the Network Communication Systems business unit in the Defense Systems division of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems. A&TN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, Calif.
- Wiring component installation and hand soldering, disassembling, modifying, reworking or reassembling units using various hand and pneumatic tools.
- Performing mechanical assembly, cable assembly, component forming and mounting, high reliability assembly.
- Must be able to work with various chemicals and solvents.
- Working from verbal or written instructions that provide detailed methods and sequence of assembly operations. Using wiring diagrams and assembly drawings.
- Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables.
- High School diploma and 0 years experience.
- Experience with cable and mechanical assembly.
- Knowledge of techniques, approaches, guidelines, policies and procedures in the job area.
- Must be able to perform basic problem solving techniques which are fully defined and available through the supervisor, coworkers, and written instructions.
- AA or other 1 year technical degree in related discipline and/or 2 year of related experience desired.
- Must possess basic verbal and written communication skills for minimal interaction with co-workers.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings to assemble cables and wire harnesses.
- Occasional light lifting may be required.
- Must be able to use common hand tools and crimpers.
- Must be able to solder cable connections and wire to circuit board connections.
- IPC-A-620 certification.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top