ASIC/DSP Architect 5
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is searching for an Architect for next generation DSP, SoC and Mixed Signal ASIC solutions in support of future RF sensor systems, EO/IR sensor systems, processing systems and other emerging business areas for our nation's next generation security and defense platforms.
This person will have a technology leadership position that will span multiple roles:
- Providing direction and oversight to internal and external design teams supporting semiconductor process selection, IP selection, chip development and verification, physical design, packaging and software
- Working with internal program management to develop realistic estimates for development cost, risk and schedule for advanced DSP, SoCs and Mixed-Signal ASICs
- Develop architectures within existing organizational constraints for SoCs and mixed-signal ASICs
- Working with interdisciplinary teams to develop a system architecture and allocating functionality to system components such as SoCs, mixed-signal ASICs, RF ICs and FPGAs
- Architecting and modeling Digital Signal Processing algorithms and systems targeting ASIC and FPGA implementation
- Implement DSP algorithms in Matlab/Python or other higher level languages
- Perform trade studies to optimize aspects of system performance such as dynamic range, power, etc.
- Creating requirements and directing designers
- Further define, drive, and streamline overall ASIC process using commercial world practices
- Define and drive the overall SoC, Mixed-Signal ASIC, IP and system architecture requirements for Interface and Peripheral IP-Work with and provide direction to the Chip and IP verification teams to develop, review, and approve pre- and postsilicon validation/test plans
- Work with the Physical Design, Packaging, and Board design teams to evaluate floor plan and packaging/IO implementation options and associated tradeoffs
- Work with System, Software, RF, Security, and Platform architects to define the overall architecture to meet the product requirements
- Monitor and participate in the development of industry standards
- HS/GED Diploma required along with at least 18 years of professional experience in related industry; OR an Associates Degree along with at least 16 years of professional experience in related industry; OR a Bachelor's Degree along with 14 years of professional experience in related industry.
- US Citizenship required, with the ability to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance
- Experience in and strong background in: Digital Signal Processing systems such as: Digital Receivers, Direct Digital Waveform Generation and Software Defined Radio implemented ASIC and FPGAs
- A solid understanding of both ASIC and FPGA design flows
- Experience architecting and developing advanced verification solutions for ASICS and FPGA from initial verification planning, verification architecture and development of verification environments.
- BS Degree in STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) along with at least 14 years of professional experience in related industry
- ACTIVE US Security Clearance at Secret level or higher
Back to top