AS PMO Pipeline Professional Technical - All Levels
Northrop Grumman offers a challenging opportunities for junior and mid-level Engineering Applications development, administration, and user support in our Enterprise Services sector. Our Engineering Applications Software Development Analyst position supports production Engineering application instances used by Engineers and Designers throughout the Northrop Grumman enterprise. The position requires developing and maintaining in-depth knowledge of current application portfolio and the technical needs of program and functional end-users. This includes development of automation scripting and code, application installation, configuration, and administration, as well as addressing end-user incidents and requests for assistance within agreed
service level guidance in support of business and IT priorities.
Engineering Software Development Analyst responsibilities may include:
- Provide end-user technical support of MCAD, ECAD, CAE, CFD, electrical, and mechanical engineering analysis applications in development, test, and production environments.
- Perform root cause analysis, debugging problems within the engineering application environment and working with the appropriate technical teams to develop, test, and implement fixes to prevent recurrence.
- Monitor, address, and resolve production engineering application environment incidents, service requests, workflows, client install packages, etc., collaboratively with other support teams.
- Document all aspects of system support such that knowledge is readily shared among all those tasked with supporting engineering application instances.
- Support SIT and UAT with business users as necessary.
- Provide demos to users as and when required.
- Prepare training material and arrange training sessions for business users.
- Support business readiness and change management activities prior to go-live and in production.
This is a pipeline staffing requisition to source qualified talent for 2017 SOW. Opportunities are subject to business needs and location - direct entry level and rotation opportunities may also be available.
Performance standards that a candidate must have to be successful in these positions include:
- Leadership and teamwork capabilities
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Differentiating characteristics include: internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal
communications skills, and activities (professional/community/ extracurricular).
Work locations include but are not limited to the following: El Segundo, CA; Redondo Beach, CA; San Diego, CA; Melbourne, FL; Virtual
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
- 2-5 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree in STEM or equivalent years directly applicable professional experience
- Experience with supporting applications and users within a large enterprise
- Experience with desktop, client/server and web architecture end-user support and incident resolution
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship required)
- Travel will be required
- 3.25 GPA or higher
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aero Engineering, Computer Science
- Security certification
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top