Architect Modeling Engineer - Systems Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Architect Modeling Engineer Systems Engineer 3. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA .
The individual in this role will perform architecture modeling and analysis activities in the Systems Analysis & Simulation (SE&I) IPT of the GS&MS organization. This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining architecture modeling capability for captures and programs across the sector. This person will serve as a subject matter expert for small programs, trade studies, and CRAD activities that need architecture modeling. Their expertise isavailable to lead architecture modeling efforts on small projects, CRAD, and IRAD efforts.
- Apply architecture frameworks and concepts uniformly across all sector programs Work with Model Based System Engineering efforts by the functional team to leverage current architecture modeling tool sets. Establish and maintain a repository (unclassified and classified where possible) of architecture modeling data for rapid starts on new projects Bridge architecture models with physics based performance simulations and with campaign modeling efforts across the SA&S IPT to develop a Models Based or model-centric engineering approach
- Creating and implementing a roadmap to fulfill sector need to utilize common architecture modeling frameworks and concepts for analysis and strategic decision making. Develop a common repository of architecture modeling data and structures. Provide technical leadership on funded studies that have architecture modeling scope. Develop and review documentation related to architecture modeling and tool usage, assumptions, and limitations. Coordinate with programs and functional to share best practices and develop and maintain on IRAD standard MBSE and architecture modeling style guides and templates. Demonstrate excellent communication skills as frequent interactions with programs, functional, across sectors, and other IPTs are expected. Provide technical leadership and guidance to a team of system engineers/ architects in the areas of Systems Engineering Analysis, Architecture Modeling, and MBSE.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Practical working experience inarchitecture analysis processes and documentation requirements
- Technical experience in Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools/standards (i.e. Cameo, Magic Draw, Rhapsody, System Architect, Enterprise Architect, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in Department of Defense Architecture Frameworks (DODAF) such as SysML, UML, or UPDM
- Active In-Scope DoD Top Secret Security Clearance with current SSBI access
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Operational Research, Applied Mathematics
- Working knowledge in various aspects of architecture modeling for Space and/or Unmanned Aerial Systems (air/space vehicle, ground station, operations, sensor payloads, and/or communications)
- Experience developing architectures through CDR
- Expertise in MBE development and integration of models for performance and functional analysis
- Strong communication skills required to support frequent customer interactions
- Team player/ leader with strong analytical skills
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top