ARBiz Systems Administrator - Senior / Lead (ODA)
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our team as a Systems Administrator. This position is located in Fort Lee, VA.
The mission of SEC EISD is to execute program management and lifecycle sustainment functions within cost, schedule and performance for all assigned Enterprise Resource Planning, Logistics IT, Satellite Communications and Department of Defense/Department of the Army Enterprise Business Applications.
DoD Systems Includes support for the software development and sustainment of various DA approved STAMISs and DOD Automated Information Systems which support many DoD customers such as the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA), the Department of Defense Educational Activity (DODEA), the Defense Health Agency (DHA), and various other agencies within DoD. Furthermore, SEC-EISD partners with the Army Housing Enterprise System (AHES) to provide network support for the Office of the Army Chief of Staff for Installation Management (OACSIM), located at the Pentagon in Arlington, VA.
The AHES Partnership The AHES partnership provides network support for Army Housings Virtual Housing Experience. The Virtual Housing Experience is t provides housing data to Soldiers and their Family Members through use of technology managed through the AHES network environment.
Army Acquisition Systems At the direction of the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Procurement) (ODASA), Enterprise Business System Directorate, SEC EISD provides functional, integration testing, and business consulting support for the Army Business Center for Acquisition Systems (ABCAS) in support the Army contracting community, to include supporting the Army contingency contracting mission. In some cases, ABCAS support extends beyond the Department of the Army to include other defense and federal agencies. ABCAS is divided into three project areas that support the Standard Procurement System (SPS), the Federal Procurement Data System-Next Generation (FPDS-NG), and the Army Contracting Business Intelligence System (ACBIS).
Administration and IT Infrastructure Lab Support This includes IT Infrastructure support for labs and data centers located in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD and Fort Lee, VA in support of the SEC EISD mission. Infrastructure support includes desktop support, network support, server support, as well as IT acquisition, financial, and human resource support services.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
1. Must have a BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline. (Additional direct relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirements)
2. Must possess a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
3. Must have knowledge of TCP/IP, information security/authorization profiles, or system administration of Unix or Windows networks/systems.
4. Must be capable of managing the servers, which typically involves installing and upgrading the servers, as well as solving any kind of problems with the systems.
5. Must provide the essential software support for the laptops, desktop personal computers, and printers, including the configuration of the hardware devices, testing new software and designing the structure of the network.
6. Must be capable of monitoring the system configuration, including the server event log.
7. Must be capable of testing the operating system software, the networking software and also the computer hardware.
8. Must be capable of monitoring and developing the procedures for backups of the servers.
9. Must possess a minimum of IAT II accreditation.
10 .Must possess a minimum of five years of experience with Windows Server administration.
11. Must possess a minimum of two years experience with the current Standard Procurement Systems.
12. Must possess a Current Secret Clearance.
13. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Three additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for one year experience with current Standard Procurement Systems.
1. Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top