Application Developer 3
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a mid-level Application Developer to join our team on the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Joint Operations Center (JOC) Enterprise Telephone Data (ETD) project. ETD serves as the Central Data Repository (Warehouse) and reporting portal for the contact center. This position can be located in either New Carrollton, MD or Chamblee, GA. The New Carrollton Team is comprised of SQL/ASP/.Net programmers who support and maintain the data repository site for telephone service data which allows clients to track their level of customer service and telephone statistics. The Chamblee ETD Team performs operations support, web and database development.
Web applications are developed per client's request. Telephone data is collected daily from multiple data sources with a variety of data types. The warehouse contains approximately five terabytes of data and collects approximately 30 gigabytes of data each week. The project is currently operating at Configuration Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) Level 3.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting software development within a complex enterprise environment with ASP.net that provides an accelerated, and accurate, solution delivery across multiple simultaneous active projects, in traditional waterfall. The products provided to the client are in either Microsoft Excel or HTML. The client's vision is to convert to an agile .Net environment. This role requires comprehensive SDLC understanding and demonstrated successes tailoring corporate level SDLC to be in compliance to customer SDLC and ability to conform to established procedures. The team is currently functioning under Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), Level 3.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include providing technical guidance, advising, and mentoring staff for new report development techniques and technologies such as Agile framework supported by rapid development methodologies, applying security principles, implementing new .Net APIs, and preparing and presenting reports to Government staff and to the program's Program Manager. Excellent time management and organizational skills are critical requirements.
- Support the design and development of new environment based on ASP.Net and SQL Server 2014 implementation
- Support and create reports with SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Support and create data flows with SQL Server Integration Services and Data Transformation Services.
- Support implementation of Agile/Scrum practices
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years related experience OR Master's Degree and 3 years related experience. An additional 4 years of experience in large enterprise environments may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 3 years of experience using ASP and .Net.
- 3 years of experience with Microsoft SQL (environment currently on 2008 upgrading to 2014).
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to clearly communicate (both verbally and written).
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Strong critical thinking, operations and systems analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Consultative approach and work ethic should be described by the following:
- Proactive, capable of making and meeting commitments, and the ability to execute with unwavering commitment to quality.
- Ability to work independently and on multiple tasks/initiatives with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to new environments and assimilate information quickly.
- Committed to learning the customer's business in order to ensure that the work products developed supports their mission.
- Provide the customer with effective and efficient solutions, not merely stating problems.
- Ability to work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top