Anti-Tamper (AT) Systems Engineer 6
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware-enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation safe from Undersea to Space and Cyberspace.
NGMS is looking for an Anti-Tamper (AT) Systems Engineer 6 to join a multi-discipline engineering team that encompasses hardware and software security concerns. Northrop Grumman's AT Engineering department is on the forefront of developing next generation solutions to protect technology for our nation's warfighter.
The candidate will be responsible for and have domain expertise in the following areas but not limited to:
- Secure system architectures
- Define AT and system architectures.
- Extensive knowledge of hardware-focused anti-tamper techniques and countermeasures
- Deep understanding of advanced Microelectronic design and fabrication
- Substantial experience in digital logic debug and analysis
- Understanding of advanced integrated circuit (IC) failure analysis tools and techniques
- Applied knowledge of cryptographic security
- Conduct AT Studies in accordance with Government and NGC processes including, trade studies, research areas, and detailed analysis of system design to include microelectronic implementation and software implementation as well as system integration, verification and validation, and cost and risk.
- Derive and document AT requirements for systems.
- Prepare and present briefings to internal programs and customers.
- Generate AT Plans.
- Prepare briefings for approvals by Government AT agencies such as the Tri-Service Committee, Red Team, ATEA, and V&V team to obtain AT approvals for US-deployed and exported military systems.
- Apply Reverse Engineering expertise to architect and validate AT solutions.
- Stay abreast of and participate in strategic planning of AT technology development
- Participate in communities of practice to further domain knowledge
The successful candidate needs to be able to act as a subject matter expert in the analysis of current semiconductor exploitation techniques and be able to forecast future extensions of those attacks as well as developing countermeasures of current and forecasted exploitation techniques. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, and test. In addition, the Anti-Tamper Systems Engineer 6 will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
The individual must be a technical leader and team builder ensuring to mentor and train junior members, identify and motivate next generation talent, and align efforts with overall organizational strategies to drive the organization forward. The candidate should also feel comfortable and thrive as an external government and industry liaison.
Preferred candidates need to demonstrate Systems Engineering acumen including engineering knowledge of SE execution on real time embedded computer systems: software construction and COTS processing environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math with 20 years or experience; 18 Years with Masters; 15 Years with PhD.
- Systems Engineering knowledge of military systems.
- Active DOD Secret clearance is required with the ability to obtain higher clearances involving polygraph.
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Ability to work under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives.
- Established presence with Government AT organizations and Counterparts at other Industry partners
- Must have strong presentation and communication skills, must be able to effectively and clearly communicate technical approaches, solutions and findings.
- Advanced degrees in Engineering, Software, or Science
- Significant Anti-Tamper Engineering experience.
- Experience in technical leadership role.
- Demonstrated understanding of U.S. government export policies and procedures for both Direct Commercial Sales and Foreign Military Sales
- Demonstrably good writing skills; including peer reviewed published works
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top