Antenna RF Microwave Design Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world both today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and pioneering spirits to join forces to invent the future and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an Antenna RF Microwave Design Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. Higher grade levels will also be considered based on qualification and years of experience. This position will be located on the Northrop Grumman Space Park campus in Redondo Beach, CA. The primary scope of this particular position will involve serving as an Antenna RF Responsible Design Engineer (RDE) supporting the assembly, test, delivery, and enhancement of mission-enabling flight production antenna products on space platforms. In the longer term, responsibilities will span antenna system architecture development, antenna system requirements generation/flowdown, antenna system design/analysis, and antenna system performance verification including range testing.
Essential Functions :
- Demonstrated experience with design, development, and testing of radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave antenna systems and related hardware, with a particular emphasis on acting in a Responsible Design Engineer (RDE) capacity.
- Training and proficiency in electromagnetic theory, electromagnetic analysis, performance budgeting/allocation, and antenna range testing/verification.
- Practical design experience, innovative thinking, and familiarity with the state-of-the-art.
- Demonstrated experience with leading antenna design/testing teams to accomplish project objectives.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment with high expectations and diverse assignments. Candidate must also be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, manufacturing engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Master of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment.
- Experience with designing, developing, and testing radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave antenna systems and related hardware, with a particular emphasis on acting in a Responsible Design Engineer (RDE) capacity.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
- Proficiency with MATLAB and/or other related programming languages.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance with SCI Access.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Electromagnetics from an accredited institution and 3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment.
- Experience with working in a flight production environment.
- Experience with antenna system architecture development, antenna system requirements generation/flowdown, antenna system design/analysis, and antenna system performance verification including range testing.
- Proficiency with CST Microwave Studio, HFSS, GRASP, FEKO, and/or other computational electromagnetics software tools.
- Technical breadth across any of the following areas: highly-integrated antenna systems, phased arrays, digital beamforming, reflector antennas, reflect-arrays, aperture antennas, wire antennas, antenna/RF system performance analysis, RF electronics, digital electronics, power electronics, CAD modeling, statistics, systems engineering, antenna control design, range testing, measurement equipment automation, and data post-processing/reduction.
- Active In-Scope DoD Top Secret and/or SSBI/SCI clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top