Antenna RF Microwave Design Engineer 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world both today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and pioneering spirits to join forces to invent the future and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an Antenna RF Microwave Design Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located on the Northrop Grumman Space Park campus in Redondo Beach, CA.
Essential Functions :
Interface with multi-disciplinary teams in support of Antenna design, analysis, and testing of radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave antenna systems. Responsibilities will span the support of any of the following types of efforts: antenna system architecture development, antenna system requirements generation/flow down, antenna system design/analysis, and antenna system performance verification including range testing. Primary scope will involve supporting the development, demonstration, and sustainment of mission-enabling antenna products for both space and airborne platforms.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment with high expectations and diverse assignments. Candidate must also be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, manufacturing engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 2 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR Master of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution.
- Experience with designing/analyzing/testing radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave antenna systems.
- Proficiency with MATLAB and/or other related programming languages.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Familiarity with electromagnetic theory, electromagnetic analysis, and performance budgeting/allocation.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Electromagnetics from an accredited institution and 2 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment.
- Experience with any of the following: antenna system architecture development, antenna system requirements generation/flowdown, antenna system design/analysis, antenna system performance verification including range testing.
- Proficiency with CST Microwave Studio, HFSS, GRASP, FEKO, and/or other computational electromagnetics software tools.
- Demonstrated experience with supporting antenna design/analysis teams to accomplish project objectives.
- Technical experience across any of the following areas: highly-integrated antenna systems, phased arrays, digital beamforming, reflector antennas, reflect-arrays, aperture antennas, wire antennas, antenna/RF system performance analysis, RF electronics, digital electronics, power electronics, CAD modeling, statistics, systems engineering, antenna control design, range testing, measurement equipment automation, and data post-processing/reduction.
- Active In-Scope DoD Top Secret and/or SSBI/SCI clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top