Analog Mixed Signal Design Engineer
Northrop Grumman's is leading development of next generation superconducting computing systems with a new family of superconducting digital logic known as Reciprocal Quantum Logic (RQL). On a gate for gate basis, RQL consumes orders of magnitude less power than CMOS while running at significantly higher clock speeds. Having demonstrated its performance with basic circuits, we are now scaling up to development of processors, memories, and larger computing systems.
We are seeking Analog/Mixed Signal IC Design Engineersto join our team in design and layout of superconducting RQL integrated circuits. You will use your skills as an Integrated Circuit designer while learning about superconducting circuit design in support of Northrop Grumman's patented RQL circuit family.
Tasks will include schematic capture, circuit simulation, circuit layout, physical verification (Layout vs. Schematic and Design Rule Checking), and parasitic extraction for a variety of superconducting circuits. The right candidate will be comfortable in a dynamic environment with rapidly developing technologies and tools. Verilog-A or Verilog-AMS and electronics test lab experience are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical area with 2 years of experience in Analog/Mixed Signal Circuit design (0 years with technical MS)
- Experience with some of the following: IC custom design tools (e.g. Cadence or Mentor) for schematic capture, circuit simulation, and full custom layout; mixed-signal circuit design experience (Digital and Analog); physical verification utilizing Cadence Assura or Mentor Calibre.
- Able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance per business requirements. US Citizenship is a requirement of this.
- Advanced Degree either MS or PhD
- Current Secret clearance
- Experience with full product life cycle, from specification, through design/layout, chip level integration, and validation in the lab
- Strong design automation skills
- Experience with analog behavioral modeling
- Electronics test lab experience
- Experience with low-temperature experimental measurements, microwave engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top