AMP Proposal and Data Integration Lead - Mgr Systems Engineering 3
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have ambitious new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Systems Engineering Manager 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Space Park, Redondo Beach, California.
This independent performer will primarily support the Program Integration Director with logistics to enable program leadership to achieve operational excellence with a focus on managing all AMP proposal deliveries. Duties will include: facilitating the processes and tools to support end-to-end proposals; utilization of tools to perform analyses of proposal and associated business data, visualization and optimization of program data. Other duties will include: support to program office planning and communication; facilitation of cross program/mission technical and programmatic initiatives as needed. Must be highly detail oriented, a skilled communicator, with excellent presentation abilities, able to independently assess complex problems and decompose into a plan of action while coordinating across a large and diverse team of schedule/business/technical SMEs. Successful applicants will be action-oriented, self-starters, and quick learners with troubleshooting skills. This person must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse and inclusive environment. Requires SCI/SSBI clearance and experience in developing data-driven solutions for program and/or capture leadership and the ability to develop and present these solutions to internal/external executive leadership.
Additional Details of Job Description and Duties
1) Track Integration of enhancements and ECPs.
A. Working alongside PI leadership: Facilitating process, timeline, status and metrics of transitions from proposals to baseline integration in coordination with PI leadership, Business, Proposal manager and Project teams
2) Logistics, Operations, Tools
A. Organize content on program data for PMO review
- R-drive structure and hierarchy, permission tracking, efficiency initiatives
- Mission 1 portal website
B. Organize content on program metrics, tools and processes for PMO review
- AF self-assessment spreadsheet and briefing inputs organized for PI integration/review
- Facilitate coordination of PMO CDRL review as needed
C. Business Management support
- TDL review
- Master schedule review
D. Contract Technical support
- Assist in GFX review
- Assist contracts in obtaining PMO review of RFNI, Request to Share Data, Data Rights, OCI questions
E. Tours and Visits
- Flag VIP visits for PMO review/awareness/participation
- Tour coordination: logistics, templates, process, coordination with admin staff, sector visit requirements team, LASO, ATL, hardware and work-area leads
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline with 7+ years of engineering experience OR
- Master's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline with 5+ years of engineering experience
- Active SCI/SSBI clearance required
- Prior experience leading or in a leadership role on a major proposal
- MS Project 2013 and 2003 software, code/database/or HTML/Sharepoint experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top