Algorithm Analyst 5 (17-081)
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Air & Missile Defense Systems (A&MDS) serves as Northrop Grumman Information Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
The primary role of this position includes coordinating for successful completion of performance metrics definition, data collection, evaluation, analysis and reporting in support of Spiral 8.2 Development & Verification. The primary responsibility of this position is to work with members of the systems engineering, algorithm and software development teams to develop innovative solutions to existing and new problems and to ensure that the requirements of the system are understood and implemented correctly. This individual will also lead the effort to define C2BMC Technical Performance Measures (TPMs) for new spirals and support ongoing predictive analysis to determine trends in TPMs. Selected individual will prepare and present briefings to senior program and customer leadership personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline and at least 14 years of experience; or MS and 12 years; or PhD and 9 years.
- Possess an understanding of systems design and development.
- Possess an understanding of the operational and technical issues associated with Technical Performance Measures (TPMs) and Special Items of Interest (SII) to evaluate the performance of algorithms utilized in specific missile-defense related domains, such as engagement management, track management, sensor management, etc.
- Candidate must have the ability to analyze test data, algorithm code and models to determine operating characteristic and make conclusions and recommendations for performance improvements.
- Candidate must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
Active Secret Clearance required
Experience in a related Missile Defense Agency program and with the management of system performance metrics.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top