Airworthiness Engineer 5
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Airworthiness Engineer 5 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Oklahoma City, OK.
The selected candidate will leverages significant experience and judgment to develop and perform technical airworthiness planning and verification support including development and negotiation of airworthiness approach, plans, basis of certifications, means of compliance, and certification activities for highly or unusually complex total systems with customer counterparts in support of Northrop Grumman Corporation's B-2 Program.
This position will support domestic programs, as well as participate in R&D- Research and Development (e.g. DARPA or company IRAD).
- Review and coordinate with other airworthiness engineers, as well as with internal engineering disciplines at all levels of total system to include: design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Performs functional and process analyses, requirements allocation and definition studies to translate customer requirements into sound technical solutions, criteria, and requirements.
- Ensures the logical and systematic realization of customer airworthiness requirements into system solutions to meet program objectives (e.g. Flight releases, Type certification, continued airworthiness, and operational or airspace Integration)
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), plus 14 years' experience on manned or unmanned aircraft systems OR Master's degree in STEM plus 9 years' experience
- Experience communicating complex technical projects to high level stakeholders and executive level internal meeting facilitation
- Military aircraft development or modification experience
- DoD (USAF, Navy, Army) Airworthiness certification experience
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Strong communication skills
- Development program experience
- Experience with MIL-HDBK-516
- International aviation authority experience
- Other Airworthiness Experience
o FAA/EASA experience, a plus
o Experience working with DARPA or Office of Naval Research a plus
o Experience with launch vehicle flight certification (rockets/spacecraft) a plus
- Significant direct customer interaction
- Mentoring and leading teams of engineers
- System safety, and airworthiness processes and regulations experience
- Leading process improvement initiatives
Clearance/Access - Level 3 S/SJS S/P1
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top