Airworthiness Engineer 4
Leverages significant experience and judgment to develop and perform technical airworthiness certification planning and verification support, to include airworthiness certification plans, certification basis development, and oversight of airworthiness certification activities for complex total systems with Northrop and customer (FAA, USAF) engineering department counterparts in support of Northrop Grumman Corporation's Battlefield Airborne Communications Node (BACN) Payload Program.
Job Duties: Review and coordinate with external and internal airworthiness engineers, as well as with internal engineering disciplines at all levels of total airborne systems to include: design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Performs functional and process analyses, requirements allocation and definition studies to translate customer requirements into sound certification basis, criteria, standards and methods of compliance. Ensures the logical and systematic realization of customer airworthiness requirements to meet program objectives (e.g. FAA or USAF Certification Basis approval and compliance, Type certification, flight releases, continued airworthiness, and operational or airspace Integration).
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Aviation Sciences or other technical areas; experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Experience: 10 years with Bachelor's Degree, 20 years in lieu of degree
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- DoD (USAF, Navy, Army) airworthiness certification experience
- Knowledge and expertise with MIL-HDBK-516
- Degree in Aviation or Aeronautical Engineering discipline
- Civilian Derivative Aircraft (CDA) development program experience
- Civil (FAA) or Military Airworthiness Experience
- Significant direct customer interaction
- Strong communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top