Aircraft Systems Mechanic- Level 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Aircraft Systems Mechanic- Level 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Assemble and install hydraulic systems
- Conduct diagnosis of malfunctions, conduct diagnosis of malfunctions
- Perform maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 9 months experience with hydraulic parts, assemblies, components, and systems in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment OR enrollment in an A&P certificate program.
- Must be able to performmoderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearanceand program access prior to beginning work
- The ability to work 1 st 5 am 3:30 pm or 2 nd shift 4:12 pm 2:42 am and any work schedule
- Active DOD Secret Clearance with an investigation date/periodic review within the last 6 years.
- Completion of A&P certificate program.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top