Aircraft System Mechanic 2
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Aircraft Systems Mechanic - Level 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Assemble and install hydraulic systems
- Conduct diagnosis of malfunctions, conduct diagnosis of malfunctions
- Perform maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years' experience with hydraulic parts, assemblies, components, and systems in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearance and program access prior to beginning work
- The ability to work 1st "5 am - 3:30 pm" or 2nd shift "4:12 pm - 2:42 am" and any work schedule
- Active DOD Secret Clearance with an investigation date/periodic review within the last 6 years.
- Completion of A&P certificate program.
Back to top