Aircraft Structures Mechanic E
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Aircraft Structures Mechanic - Entry Level to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will perform a variety of operations to assemble and make major assembly structures such as fuselage panels and bulkheads, and structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps, and stabilizers.
- Read and understand blueprints
- Translate blueprints into fabrications of structural assemblies to include: precision drilling, countersinking, and the use of calibrated tools
- Aligning parts on jigs using templates and fixtures
- Performing part-fitting operations: filing sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling and reaming
- Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions
- May modify incomplete and complete assemblies to incorporate changes to structure and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures r equired ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 months work experience
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with a background investigation completed within the last six years with the ability to obtain program access.
- The ability to work 1 st "5 am - 3:30 pm" or 2 nd shift "4:12 pm - 2:42 am" and any work schedule
- 6 months mechanical or structures/sheet metal experience in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment
- Experience with structural coatings
Back to top