Aircraft Structures Mechanic 3 (Active DOD Secret Clearance Required)
- Palmdale, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Aircraft Structures Mechanic- Level 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
- Read and understand blueprints
- Translate blueprints into fabrications of structural assemblies to include: precision drilling, countersinking, and the use of calibrated tools
- Aligning parts on jigs using templates and fixtures
- Performing part-fitting operations: filing sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling and reaming
- Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions
- May modify incomplete and complete assemblies to incorporate changes to structure and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years' structures/sheet metal experience in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment.
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with a background investigation completed within the last 5 years with the ability to obtain program access.
- The ability to work 1st "5 am - 3:30 pm" or 2nd shift "4:12 pm - 2:42 am" and any work schedule
- Completion of A&P certificate program.
- Experience with structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps and stabilizers.
- Transitioning service member or veteran of the U.S. military service or current military guard or reserve member.
- Spouse of a transitioning military service member or current military guard or reserve member.
Back to top