Aircraft Structures Mechanic 2
- Palmdale, CA
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Aircraft Structures Mechanic- Level 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will perform a variety of operations to assemble and make major assembly structures such as fuselage panels and bulkheads, and structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps, and stabilizers.
- Read and understand blueprints
- Translate blueprints into fabrications of structural assemblies to include: precision drilling, countersinking, and the use of calibrated tools
- Aligning parts on jigs using templates and fixtures
- Performing part-fitting operations: filing sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling and reaming
- Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions
- May modify incomplete and complete assemblies to incorporate changes to structure and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years' structures/sheet metal experience in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearance and program access prior to beginning work
- The ability to work 1 st "5 am - 3:30 pm" or 2 nd shift "4:12 pm - 2:42 am" and any work schedule
- Completion of A&P certificate program.
- Experience with structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps and stabilizers.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with a background investigation completed within the last six years with the ability to obtain program access.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top