Aircraft Spare Parts Specialist
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an Aircraft Spare Parts Specialist to join its Flight Test team. This position is located in Linthicum, MD.
The Aircraft Spare Parts Specialist receives requests for procurement of aircrafts parts, ground support equipment, maintenance spare parts, materials, from Government and Commercial sources, and process these requests through prescribed channels to obtain best expeditious delivery. The Specialist will establish and ensure the maintenance of required stock levels, maintain aircraft parts log per aircraft and equipment. The Specialist will also ensure all aircraft parts received have proper certification required by the Federal Aviation administration and research prices and availability of all requests to ensure cost savings and simultaneously meeting stringent flight schedules.
WORKING PROCEDURE AND/OR RESPONSIBILITY ASSIGNED:
PERFORM WORK OF EQUAL OR LOWER SKILL LEVEL AS REQUIRED.
- Establishes inventory levels of aircraft spares, hardware, and expendables that adequately supports both commercial and government flight test operations and sufficiently supports aircraft maintenance and flight schedules all based on pricing, demand and lead time. Refer difficult and/or unusual problems to supervisor.
- Ensure proper inventory levels are adequately maintained. Coordinate the yearly Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) inventories. Ensure proper documentation. Assist Government and Northrop Grumman auditors in locating and identifying government and commercial equipment. Responsible for the authorization, shipment and transfer of all government and company owned equipment and ensure company and government compliance of associated record keeping.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, blanket purchase requisitions, "L" orders, needed to obtain material and parts for aircraft from information provided. Use the Inventory Locator System and aircraft vendors to locate aircraft parts. Obtain best prices, delivery and the like. Determine supplier to place order. Follow up on all orders placed and status of receiving parts or material.
- Maintain an accurate log of procurement activities per aircraft and per charge number of all purchases inclusive of part number, descriptions, qualities, price, quantity, vendors, requestor name, etc. as to comply with audit requirements and additionally to develop purchase history to aid in budget forecasting.
- Advise supervisor of potential and or unusual problems. Provide sufficient information to identify, as completely as possible, the parameters, the impact of these problems. Recommend alternative solutions when possible.
This is a SEA Union represented position.
This is a 1st shift position.
- High school graduate or the equivalent.
- Four years experience in store room related work with Federal Aviation Administration certified aircraft parts and material.
- Must have knowledge of Federal Aviation regulations.
- Experience and be current in the aviation field within the last 2 years with a Computerized Aircraft Maintenance Program Inventory software package required.
Preferred Qualifications: None.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top