Aircraft Painter Level 3
- Palmdale, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Aircraft Painter - Level 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will paint aircraft interior, exterior and piece parts.
- Prepares for painting by masking, stripping, washing aircraft sections and components.
- Blends and mixes paints, inks, and coatings to proper spraying consistency.
- Must be able to perform detail touch ups.
- Coordinates processes for painting production parts.
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years' painting/surface prep experience in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment.
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearance and program access prior to beginning work
- The ability to work 1st "5 am - 3:30 pm" or 2nd shift "4:12 pm - 2:42 am" and any work schedule
- Completion of A&P certificate program.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with a background investigation completed within the last six years with the ability to obtain program access.
Back to top