Aircraft Painter 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Aircraft Painter - Level 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will paint aircraft interior, exterior and piece parts.
- Prepares for painting by masking, stripping, washing aircraft sections and components.
- Blends and mixes paints, inks, and coatings to proper spraying consistency.
- Must be able to perform detail touch ups.
- Coordinates processes for painting production parts.
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance with a background investigation completed within the last six years with the ability to obtain program access.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years' painting/surface prep experience in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment.
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearance and program access prior to beginning work
- The ability to work 1 st "5 am - 3:30 pm" or 2 nd shift "4:12 pm - 2:42 am" and any work schedule
- Completion of A&P certificate program.
- Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top