Aircraft Mechanic 4
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Aircraft Mechanic for our Dulles, VA facilities.
This position will serve in adual-faceted capacity - both as an Aircraft Technician4 and Flight Engineer/Flight Attendantaboard our Gulfstream aircraft.
- The Aircraft Technician 4 performs diagnosis of system malfunctions,makes repairs and servicesjet aircraft and engine systems in accordance with manufacturer's technical specifications, drawings, schematics, engineering instructions, and Federal Aviation Administration regulations in our corporate flight department based at Dulles Int'l Airport. The position will maintain required FAA records, manuals, inspection forms, and other forms of technical data, both in paper and computer-based formats. This position will lead task teams on aircraft maintenance projects, be called upon to represent the Repair Station during off-site aircraft maintenance performed by various vendors, and supervise less experienced technicians when performing tasks of an in-depth nature. This position will be called upon to provide away-from-home-station troubleshooting, possible travel for minor repair ofaircraft, and to provide maintenance support at remote sites during senior leadership level meetings.
- The Flight Attendant is taskedto plan, provide, and serve all in-flight meals as well as being responsible for passenger safety throughout the flight. They consult with Executive Admin representatives for dietary needs/restrictions in conjunction with our Flight Coordination Dept, order all inflight meals, and ensure delivery to the aircraft. The Flt Attendant conducts all Cabin Safety Briefings,maintains CPR/AED qualifications through Initial and Recurrent training, and maintains FAA qualifications as an Evacuation Crewmember.
- The Flight Engineer is required to maintain all aircraft systems in accordance withmanufacturer, FAA, and Internal specificationswhile embarked. He serves as a member of the Cockpit Crew during all critical phases of flight monitoring aircraft systems, serving as back-up for ATC transmissions, and as a systems expert during aircraft emergency's. If aircraft maintenance is required while the aircraft is away-from-home,he or she either performs, participates in, or supervises the accomplishment of that maintenance depending on the scope of work required.
This position will work 1st Shift (normally 0700-1530) when performing Aircraft Technician duties and will typically participate in flying duties 10-12 days per month. The positionwill require the ability to work flexible hours in support of the flight schedule,work occasional overtime, alternate scheduling and weekends as needed to support the operation.
The selectedcandidate is to have:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- The availability to work flexible hours
- Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificates
- 8- 12 years corporate jet aircraft maintenance experience
- State Issued Driver's License
- Eligibility to secure and maintain airport issued security badge
- Eligibility to secure and maintain a gov't issued passport
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency with CMP, and CAMP Mx Tracking programs
Previous International experience serving as Crew Chief/Flt Engineer and Flight Attendant aboard long range, corporate aircraft with an emphasis on CEO level executive care
Factory level maintenance training and experience on GulfstreamV/550 aircraft
Factory level maintenance training and experience on Citation 680 aircraft
FAA Inspection Authorization certification
Prior FAA Part 145 Repair Station and Part 135 Air Carrier experience
Outstanding communication skills, the ability to function within a team-oriented environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top