Aircraft Mechanic 2/3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery.
Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies. Join us on the edge. the Cutting Edge
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Aircraft Maintenance Technician 2. He/she will troubleshoot, repair, service, perform scheduled and unscheduled inspections and maintain all related systems on jet aircraft in our corporate aviation
department at our Dulles, VA facility. This position conducts diagnosis of malfunctions, performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement,
re-assembly and adjustment of various aircraft systems and their components in accordance with mfg's technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations. This position will maintain FAA required records, manuals,
spare parts/materials, and inspection forms.
The role may require in-the-field / on-the-road troubleshooting and minor to moderate repair of assigned aircraft as necessary to support the corporate flight department operation. This position may require accompanying department
aircraft on scheduled/unscheduled maintenance performed at aircraft service centers.
In addition, the selected candidate will be required to launch and recover aircraft, perform Ground Handling duties, perform post-flight and preflight inspections.
This position is for 2nd Shift, Monday through Friday (1500-2330), and may work overtime, alternate scheduling and weekends as needed to support the operation. The position can be hired at the Level 2 or the Level 3.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal airport security badge w/background check and possess a valid, state issued driver's license.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Current, FAA-issued Airframe and Powerplant certificates are required.
- High School / GED diploma and at least 2 years of relevant experience (at least 5 years of experience required to be considered as Mech 3) in the repair and maintenance of turbine-powered aircraft
-Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Computerized Maintenance Tracking programs (CAMP, CESCOM, CMP,
-Possess basic hand tools in a lockable rolling tool box / cabinet
-Be able to pass a random DOT drug screening
- Outstanding communication skills, the ability to function within a team-oriented environment and the ability to work flexible hours is a must.
- Prior Gulfstream V/550 maintenance experience and formalized training
- Prior Citation 680 series maintenance experience and formalized training
- Proficient in Aircraft Ground Handling, Towing, and Servicing.
- Prior credible FAA Part 135 and Part 145 experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top