Aircraft Mechanic 2 (Sigonella, Italy)
Northrop Grumman Technical Services is seeking Aircraft Mechanics for our NAS Sigonella Forward Operating Location. The candidate will perform maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various vehicle systems in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions and applicable USAF regulations. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time. Maintains applicable USAF required records, manuals and inspection forms. Recommends corrective actions and resolves problems using technical publications and analytic techniques. Removes repairs and replaces malfunctioning components. Prepares aircraft surfaces and applies sealants, adhesives and associated chemicals. Stores, handles, uses and disposes of hazardous material and waste. Initiates deficiency reports, maintenance analysis documents, technical data change and equipment records. Records information on maintenance data collection forms and automated systems. Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solution.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in an appropriate technical discipline OR; An Associate's Degree in an appropriate technical discipline and four (4) years of specialized experience OR; eight (8) years of relevant experience w/o any formal education.
- A basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Air Force aircraft maintenance experience desired.
- Must be eligible for US DOD SECRET security clearance.
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) desired.
- Working knowledge of IMDS/CAMS maintenance data collection
- Working knowledge of AFI 21-101
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top