Aircraft Mechanic 2
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an Aircraft Mechanic 2 for a rotational OCONUS program based out of Edwards, CA. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing minor structural repairs and modifications. Troubleshoots, repairs and services aircraft and engine systems. Conducts diagnosis of malfunctions. Performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations. Fabricates, installs and tests installation, routing, clamping and wiring harnesses. Reads wiring diagrams and blueprints.
The selected candidate may receive additional training and be cross utilized into aircraft low observable maintenance to fulfill the daily activities and duties required to meet contract requirements. Low Observable tasks include repair of composite or metallic structures, and sanding, stripping, testing, masking and other preparation tasks . Assigned work locations are Palmdale and Edwards AFB, Ca.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years additional education and/or related experience.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements such as chemical warfare training and immunizations that may include anthrax and smallpox.
- Mustmeet medical requirements for worldwide travel.
- Must be able to perform work assignments at Palmdale and Edwards AFB, Ca.
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance with ability to maintain that clearance.
- The ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission.
- DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Operational experience is preferred over manufacturing or production, but all candidates will be considered.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Back to top