Aircraft Low Observable Mechanic 4
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an Aircraft Low Observable Mechanic 4 for a rotational OCONUS program based in Palmdale, CA. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aircraft low observable outer mold line structures, materials and applications. Prepares composite or metallic surfaces for coating applications by performing various operations such as sanding, stripping, applying vacuum, performing porosity testing, masking and other preparation tasks. Mixes and applies sealants, gap fillers and any other required processes prior to paint which may require the use of heating devices. Mixes and applies paints and other coatings at the proper spraying consistency. Applies additional surface details to manufacturer specifications. Performs or coordinates component-level testing for specification compliance after applications have been completed. May perform similar duties in aircraft build, modification or maintenance role.
- Applicants should have a minimum High School and 6 years additional education and/or experience relevant to the Aviation and Aerospace Industry.
- Applicants must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Applicants must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel, which include a physical.
- Applicants must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Applicants must be a US citizen and hold a minimum active SECRET security clearance, in scope within 5 years, and be willing to submit to polygraph.
- Additionally, the ability to obtain and retain Special Program access is required as condition of employment.
- Applicants with an active TOP SECRET clearance preferred.
- Operational experience is preferred over manufacturing or production, but all candidates will be considered.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top