Aircraft Low Observable Mechanic 4
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an Aircraft Low Observable Mechanic 4 for a rotational OCONUS program based in Edwards, CA. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aircraft low observable outer mold line structures, materials and applications. Prepares composite or metallic surfaces for coating applications by performing various operations such as sanding, stripping, applying vacuum, performing porosity testing, masking and other preparation tasks. Mixes and applies sealants, gap fillers and any other required processes prior to paint which may require the use of heating devices. Mixes and applies paints and other coatings at the proper spraying consistency. Applies additional surface details to manufacturer specifications. Performs or coordinates component-level testing for specification compliance after applications have been completed. May perform similar duties in aircraft build, modification or maintenance role.
The selected candidate may receive additional training and be cross utilized into general aircraft maintenance to fulfill the daily activities and duties required to meet contract requirements. Aircraft maintenance tasks include performing minor structural repairs and modifications, troubleshoots, repairs, and services aircraft and engine systems, and performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations. Assigned work locations are Palmdale and Edwards AFB, CA.
- High School and 6 years additional education and/or related experienced. Relevant experience to the Aviation andAerospace industry may be used in lieu of education.
- Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Must be a US citizen and hold a minimum active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission is a condition of employment.
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Aviation and Aerospace Industry Operational experience is preferred over manufacturing or production, but all candidates will be considered.
Back to top