Aircraft Low Observable Mechanic 2
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an Aircraft Mechanic 2 for a rotational OCONUS program based in Palmdale, CA. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aircraft low observable outer mold line structures, materials and applications. Prepares composite or metallic surfaces for coating applications by performing various operations such as sanding, stripping, applying vacuum, performing porosity testing, masking and other preparation tasks. Mixes and applies sealants, gap fillers and any other required processes prior to paint which may require the use of heating devices. Mixes and applies paints and other coatings at the proper spraying consistency. Applies additional surface details to manufacturer specifications. Performs or coordinates component-level testing for specification compliance after applications have been completed. May perform similar duties in aircraft build, modification or maintenance role.
The selected candidate may receive additional training and be cross utilized into general aircraft maintenance to fulfill the daily activities and duties required to meet contract requirements. Aircraft maintenance tasks include performing minor structural repairs and modifications, troubleshoots, repairs, and services aircraft and engine systems, and performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations. Assigned work locations are Palmdale and Edwards AFB, Ca.
- High School Diploma/GED and 2 years additionalexperience OR 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 1 year related experience.
- Applicants must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Applicants must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel.
- Must be able to perform work assignments at Palmdale and Edwards AFB, Ca.
- Applicants must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Applicants must be a US citizen and hold a minimum active Secret security clearance.
- The ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission is a condition of employment.
- Applicants with an active Top Secret clearance preferred.
- Education and/or experience relevant to the Aviation and Aerospace Industry preferred.
- Operational experience is preferred over manufacturing or production, but all candidates will be considered.
Back to top