Aircraft Electrician Entry Level (Active DoD Secret Clearance Required)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Aircraft Electrician - Entry Level to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will perform all duties required to lay-out, fabricate, and install electrical wiring or coaxial cables on aircraft.
- Electrical assembly and wire harness installation
- Checks, tests, and troubleshoots electrical systems for conformance to specifications and performs repair, removal, and reinstallation of wiring as necessary
- Cuts wire to length, strips insulation from wire ends, and insulates connections with plastic sleeves
- Attaches wire or complicated electrical systems to fixtures and accessories such as: transformers, instrument panels, and switchboards with fasteners (bolts, screws, or solder)
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 months electrical experience in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment OR enrollment in Electronics Technology courses
- Must be able to performmoderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with a background investigation completed within the last six years with the ability to obtain program access
- The ability to work 1 st 5 am 3:30 pm or 2 nd shift 4:12 pm 2:42 am and any work schedule
- Completion of an A&P certificate program.
Back to top