Aircraft Electrician E
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Aircraft Electrician - Level 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will perform all duties required to lay-out, fabricate, and install electrical wiring or coaxial cables on aircraft.
- Electrical assembly and wire harness installation
- Checks, tests, and troubleshoots electrical systems for conformance to specifications and performs repair, removal, and reinstallation of wiring as necessary.
- Cuts wire to length, strips insulation from wire ends, and insulates connections with plastic sleeves.
- Attaches wire or complicated electrical systems to fixtures and accessories such as: transformers, instrument panels, and switchboards with fasteners (bolts, screws, or solder).
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- R equired ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 9 months electrical experience in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment OR Must have a minimum of 2.0 or higher GPA upon completion of A&P certificate program
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearance and program access prior to beginning work
- The ability to work 1 st "5 am - 3:30 pm" or 2 nd shift "4:12 pm - 2:42 am" and any work schedule
- Active DOD Secret Clearance with an investigation date/periodic review within the last 6 years.
- C ompletion of an A&P certificate program.
- Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top