Aircraft Electrician 4
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an Avionics Electrician 4 for a rotational OCONUS program based out of Edwards, CA. Successful candidate will perform all duties required to lay out, fabricate, and install electrical wiring or coaxial cable on aircraft. Checks, tests, and troubleshoots electrical systems for conformance to specifications and performs repair, removal, and reinstallation of wiring as necessary. Cuts wire to length, strips insulation from wire ends, and insulates connections with plastic sleeves. Attaches wire or complicated electrical systems to fixtures and accessories such as transformers, instrument panels, and switchboards with fasteners such as bolts, screws, or solder. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
The selected candidate may receive additional training and be cross utilized into aircraft low observable maintenance to fulfill the daily activities and duties required to meet contract requirements. Low Observable tasks include repair of composite or metallic structures, and sanding, stripping, testing, masking and other preparation tasks. Assigned work locations are Palmdale and Edwards AFB, CA.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 6 years additional education and/or related experience.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements such as chemical warfare training and immunizations that may include anthrax and smallpox.
- Mustmeet medical requirements for worldwide travel.
- Must have an active Secret DoD clearance with ability to maintain that clearance.
- The ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission.
- Applicants with an active TOP SECRET clearance preferred.
- Operational experience is preferred over manufacturing or production, but all candidates will be considered.
Back to top