Aircraft Electrician 2 (DOD Secret Clearance Required)
- Palmdale, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Aircraft Electrician- Level 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will perform all duties required to lay-out, fabricate, and install electrical wiring or coaxial cables on aircraft.
- Electrical assembly and wire harness installation
- Checks, tests, and troubleshoots electrical systems for conformance to specifications and performs repair, removal, and reinstallation of wiring as necessary.
- Cuts wire to length, strips insulation from wire ends, and insulates connections with plastic sleeves.
- Attaches wire or complicated electrical systems to fixtures and accessories such as: transformers, instrument panels, and switchboards with fasteners (bolts, screws, or solder).
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years' electrical experience in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance with an investigation date/periodic review within the last 5 years.
- The ability to work 1st "5 am - 3:30 pm" or 2nd shift "4:12 pm - 2:42 am" and any work schedule
- Completion of an A&P certificate program
Back to top