Agile Scrum Master/Cyber Systems Engineer 3 or 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is looking for an experienced Agile Scrum Master/Cyber Systems Engineer 3 or 4 with strong Agile Scrum delivery skills, to support the engineering and delivery of software application hosted in the cloud. This position is located in Fairfax, VA.
The candidate will lead SAFe/Agile processes ensuring predictable delivery of release. The selected candidate will be required to have a strong technical understanding of relationships, dependencies, and requirements of infrastructure and software components built within the AWS cloud. Candidate works with SAFe/Agile practices, and experience delivering deployable software. The candidate should have excellent oral and written skills, as he/she will interface with the customer regularly.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost, risk, supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Acting as Scrum Master for one or more scrum teams with focus on guiding teams toward improving the way they work, facilitating sprint planning, retrospective and demos
- Removing obstacles to enhance project team efficiency and effectiveness, including reaching out to larger organizational network for impediment removal; ensuring cross-team coordination to address integration of dependent systems
- Coordinating, participating, and supporting meetings and reviews (formal/informal) including creating and reviewing briefing packages
- Identifying programmatic risks within project/program and across programs
- Ensuring coordination and information flow occur between projects and organization managers
- Identify and maintain relevant metrics that help the team assess progress and velocity
- Providing guidance on best practices, and resolving problems to meet technical performance objectives.
- Developing new and refining existing process to enhance quality and productivity.
- Supporting customer project managers in creating, drafting and /or reviewing project documentation and plans, identifying inconsistencies
- Ensure deliverables meet all relevant quality and security standards
"This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below."
"This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4"
Basic Qualifications for a Level 3 are a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related technical field and a minimum of 5 years related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
Basic Qualifications for a level 4 are a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related technical field and a minimum of 9 years related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Previous experience leading an Agile Scrum team
- Technical experience with increasing levels of responsibility providing technical oversight, stakeholder management and problem resolution
- Experience with AgileCraft, Jira/Green hopper, Subversion, and/or GIT
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Safe agilest, PMI-ACP, or similar certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top