Agile Delivery Manager
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and agile team? If so, there is a future for you to support a highly visible and strategic program at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Agile Delivery Managers. These positions will be located in our Technology Services Sector in New Carrollton, MD.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is a global provider of innovative, cost effective solutions. From sustainment and modernization, supply chain management, training and simulation, and high technology services, we offer a full-spectrum of support.
In this role, you will be setting up Agile teams for successful delivery by removing obstacles (or blockers to progress), constantly helping the team to become more self-organizing, and enabling the work the team does rather than impose how it’s done.
Managing one or more agile projects, typically to deliver a specific product or transformation via a multi-disciplinary, high-skilled digital team. You must be adept at delivering complex digital projects, breaking down barriers to the team, and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
She/he will also define project needs and feeds these into the portfolio/program process to enable resources to be appropriately allocated.
Primarily responsible for:
- Delivering projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Working with the Product Manager to define the roadmap for any given product and translating this into user stories
- Leading the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritizing the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Matrix-managing a multi-disciplinary team
- Coordinating as necessary across projects and leading the effort to provide Agile sprint and release progress metrics
- Ensuring all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production)
- Actively and openly sharing knowledge of best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field, such as Computer Science, IT, Database Management, Network Security, Management, Business, or Other related fields
- Minimum of 9-yrs experience with Bachelors, 7-yrs experience with Master’s, or 4-yrs experience with PhD
- Agile certifications: SCRUM Master
- Requires ability to obtain a Moderate Risk Background Investigation (MBI) security clearance.
- Must be either a U.S. Citizen or possess a minimum 3 years of residency as a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) in the U.S.
- Active MBI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top