Aerospace Test Engineer
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
The Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation Organization (SIT&E) within the Aerospace Systems Engineering and Global Product Development (E&GPD) organization has multiple openings for qualified applicants in the area of Manufacturing and Test Engineering.
SIT&E is responsible for a wide variety of functions, including:
- Manufacturing and assembly of space vehicle subsystems;
- Assembly, integration and testing of spacecraft buses and payloads;
- Laboratory, ground and flight testing of manned and unmanned aircraft;
- Design, development and operations of aircraft System Integration Labs and both aircraft and spacecraft environmental labs;
- Design and build of test instrumentation and data systems.
It is our job to make sure our cutting edge products are ready to deploy to our customers and complete their missions. To this end, we employ Test Engineers, Test Conductors, Test Directors, Technicians, Design Engineers, Software Engineers, Data/Instrumentation Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Network Engineers, System Administrators, Pilots, Weapons/Sensor Operators, and Mission Planners.
We have operating locations in:
- California: Rancho Bernardo, Redondo Beach, El Segundo, Palmdale, Edwards AFB, Mojave, Pt Mugu, and Sunnyvale
- Florida: Melbourne and St Augustine
- Georgia: Warner Robins
- Maryland: Baltimore, Hollywood and Patuxent River
- Texas: Fort Worth
- Oklahoma: Oklahoma City
- Arizona: Yuma
This requisition is for applicants interested in Manufacturing & Test Engineering positions including:
- Mechanical and Electrical Test Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- System Test Engineering
- Flight Test Engineering
- Flight Test Director
- Ground Test Engineering
- Dynamics Test Engineering
- Wind Tunnel Test Engineering
- Thermal Test Engineering
- Structural Test Engineering
- Sub Project Managers (SPMs)
- Project Manufacturing Engineering (PME)
- Process Planning Engineering
- Developing test techniques, test aids, and project plans
- Interacting with multiple disciplines to define and derive requirements and verification methods
- Developing presentations for design reviews
- Providing floor support to technicians in assembly areas and offsite at launch facilities
- Ensuring mechanical hardware is produced with high first-time quality build yields within cost targets and on time for delivery to various internal and external customers.
These positions span all of our operating locations and often require travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM discipline
- Experience in mechanical or electrical assembly
- 1-6 years of Integration & Test experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain an active DOD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Experience directly related manufacturing or Integration and Test of Space or Air Vehicles
- Active in-scope Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- A dedication to deliver “Best in Class” products within the bounds of cost and schedule
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial) from a top-rated engineering school
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top