Aeronautics Systems Sector CISO (Manager 3)
- Palmdale, CA
As a leader with Northrop Grumman, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best.
You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services Information Security organization is seeking a senior manager to be a Sector Information Security Officer (SISO) and join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be in support of Northrop Grumman's Aeronautics Systems Sector and will be based in the Palmdale, California area.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's world class Information Security Organization responsible for delivering all levels of information security services throughout the enterprise. This position will report to the Director of SISO Sector Engagement and Cyber Manufacturing, and matrix to the VP and CIO of Northrop Grumman's Aeronautics Systems sector.
This individual directs, coordinates, plans, and organizes all activities and matters related to information security throughout the entire sector and is ultimately responsible for all endeavors within the business which seek to avoid, prevent, detect, correct, or recover from threats to information (or information systems) and any corresponding incidents. They employee also provides leadership, guidance and is accountable for identifying, assessing, and appropriately managing risks to Northrop Grumman information and information systems, as well as oversees the options for addressing risk and works with business leadership to implement strategies, solutions and controls which appropriately and proactively mitigate those risks.
The Sector Information Security Officer oversees the development, implementation, and testing of appropriate security plans and risk reduction techniques necessary to protect against data loss, fraudulent access, espionage, sabotage, natural disasters, fire, utility failures, and related situations in all areas of the manufacturing of NG Product lines where data processing equipment, communications networks, and/or personnel are located.
This senior management role directs teams of cybersecurity experts/SMEs, manages associated budgets, and understands financial performance of the budgets to include forecasts, actuals, key risk indicators, and monthly variances to those plans, as well as provides information security leadership to our enterprise infrastructure and application service organizations. This individual is a focal point for all training and communications related to information security. They will establish strong alliances with sector functional, operational, program, enterprise IT services, enterprise information security services, and industrial security partners within the Northrop Grumman sectors as well as appropriate external information security supplier partners on behalf of the company.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our, Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's degree with 12 years of Cybersecurity experience; OR a Master's degree with 10 years of Cybersecurity experience; OR a PhD with 9 years of Cybersecurity experience is required
- Candidates must have at least 4 years of experience as a Manager, or a Leader, with knowledge of workforce planning and organizational development, including all aspects of employee performance and development for direct and/or matrixed reports
- Must have a current DOD 8570 IAM Level III security certification (Examples: CISM, GSLC, CISSP); OR must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, the certification within 12 months of their start date
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, a DOD Secret level security clearance in order to be considered
- The ideal candidate will have a Master's degree in a STEM related discipline (i.e., Cybersecurity, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, etc.) with 12 years of experience in Cybersecurity, to include 6 years of experience as a Manager of personnel, within classified environments
- Experience in quantitative enterprise risk management
- Experience with DoD and/or the U.S. Intelligence Community
- Experience with DoD policy and regulations (ie: DFAR 252.204-7012, CMMC)
- Experience with securing advanced technologies: additive manufacturing, IIoT, IoT, Augmented and virtual reality, robotics, and advanced analytics
- Experience to address concerns and risks to the manufacturing functions and its supply chain
- International experience, including EU Safe Harbor, ITAR/EAR, and related regulations and compliance requirements
- Experience leading a large scale virtual workforce
- Experience with identifying industry Information Assurance best practices and implementing system security policies
- Demonstrated ability to have led through significant change management initiatives
- Demonstrated leadership in achieving shared objectives in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated presentation & customer interface skills to Senior Management
- Demonstrated capability to communicate effectively across the enterprise
- Resourceful and self-sufficient, ability to work independently to find creative solutions to complex problems
- Active Secret clearance is preferred
Back to top