Administrative Functional Support 4
- Woodland Hills, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as Administrative Functional Support 4 based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
This position will be responsible for supporting Engineering personnel with their administrative needs in addition to special tasks and projects. Personnel supported may include multiple managers and a director. Support will include making travel arrangements, creating expense reports, processing service maintenance renewals, ordering parts and supplies, ordering catering, approving invoices, meeting and conference bookings, submitting facilities requests, ESARS and shipping requests, distributing mail, providing Technical Research Library assistance, and new hire onboarding.
What You'll get to Do:
• Interact and coordinate with Engineering and other departments.
• Will initiate and follow through on Request To Order (RTO), Purchase Requisition (PR) and Purchase Order (PO) processing.
• Will call and work with vendors on pricing and maintenance costs of items.
• Use software tools to maintain reports and monthly maintenance contracts.
• Coordinate with the Procurement department to negotiate service contracts and Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA).
• Become proficient in the training system, currently Learning Exchange (LX), in order to run monthly reports, generate metrics, monitor training compliance, schedule courses, and support engineers with training needs.
• Will complete special task assignments from the WH Site Engineering Director such as maintaining staffing and hiring metrics, coordinating summer intern events, supporting new hire onboarding, organizing conferences or large meetings on site.
• Also may be required to obtain a Corporate Credit Card for use in handling engineering event expenses.
• High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 6 years additional education and/or related experience.
• Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft tools such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with various software tools used in purchasing, travel scheduling, and timesheet systems.
• Must possess solid planning, organizing, and data gathering skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Strong verbal communication and customer service skills in a teamwork environment.
• Knowledge and proficiency with Northrop Grumman tools such as iBuy, SAP, LX, and Concur.
• Possess over 8 years of related experience.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top