Administrative Assistant 4
The Strategic Systems Division is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant to support the leadership team of the organization consisting of multiple directors and managers. Additionally, the selected candidate will provide backup support for the VP assistant as needed. Selected candidate will be responsible for providing diverse administrative support which involves interaction with internal and external customers, and exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Managing multiple conference room calendars, including scheduling and maintenance of equipment
- Scheduling meetings for senior management and program staff; coordinates any logistical support for internal/external meetings
- Use various PC software packages to produce high quality reports, presentations or other documents
- Collaborates with administrative professionals in related organizations as appropriate. Demonstrates a wide and comprehensive acquaintance with, and understanding of, both general and specific aspects of the job and their practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Routine administrative duties including: coordinating staff meetings and teleconferences, answering phones, screen calls, maintain filing system, ordering office supplies, schedule travel arrangements and prepare expense reports
- Support Customer visit planning
- High school graduate with a minimum of six (6) years administrative experience directly related to the responsibilities of this position.
- Candidate must be skilled with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while exercising good judgment, demonstrating flexibility and agility, prioritizing multiple tasks with competing deadlines, managing schedule conflicts and providing excellent follow through.
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience coordinating both on and offsite meetings and/or events
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of Northrop Grumman Corporate and Aerospace Systems sector policies and procedures
- Experience with Concur (or similar) travel and expense reporting system
- Prior experience coordinating both on and offsite meetings and/or events with participation by executives and customers
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top