Administrative Assistant 3
- Dulles, VA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Innovation Systems Space Systems Group is seeking a mid to senior level Administrative Assistant to oversee office operations and perform a variety of tasks to facilitate communications, and support the daily routine and effective management of the operating unit.
This program is located in Dulles, VA.
The nature of the position involves exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment.
Keys to success include:
• Working well under pressure
• Ability to solve problems independently
• Completing requirements in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
Roles and responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant 3 will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Preparing and releasing a variety of complex communications and documents that affect the OU and programs.
• Following procedures which includes appropriate access to confidential information.
• Preparing and adjusting travel arrangements and completing expense reports.
• Coordinating various OU events.
• Coordinating VIP visits, agendas, and tours to the facility.
• Acting and making decisions in alignment with the executive leadership.
• Handling calendars with precision as well as travel plans.
• Responsible for routine administrative duties.
• Coordinating staff meetings, teleconferences, answering telephones, screening calls and forwarding messages.
• Preparing expense reports and maintaining filing system.
• Ordering and managing refreshments and luncheons for some meetings is required.
• Utilizing Microsoft Office to produce high quality reports, presentations, or other documents.
• High School Diploma with a minimum of four years supporting senior managers.
• Demonstrated ability to perform detail oriented work, without close supervision.
• Ability to independently assess priorities and work with confidential information.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple administrative projects and initiatives.
• Familiarity with travel and expense reporting tools.
• Highly skilled with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Proven ability to be proactive, highly motivated, collaborative and adaptable, with excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks, changing needs, and competing priorities.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, must be able to interface with executive level internal and external contacts with considerable autonomy.
• Team player and ability to work with all levels of management and administrative support.
• Experience and proficiency with Concur (or similar) travel and expense reporting system.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top