Actuation Subsystems Engineer Mechanical 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking an Actuation Subsystems Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will lead a growing statement of work within the Actuation Subsystems Engineering Team in El Segundo, CA.
The Actuation Subsystems Engineer position provides design support to actuator & mechanism design initiatives with primary responsibility for conceptualization and layout, design trade-off, conducting feasibility studies and proposals, formulating models for new/modified designs, evaluating complex aspects of mechanism design and integration, detail design and analysis of mechanical subsystems, and providing solutions to difficult technical challenges associated with actuator and mechanism products.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, organized, independently directed with good problem solving skills and will possess strong communication and leadership skills.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution
- 2 years professional engineering experience
- An active in-scope DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain program access
- Master of Science Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is preferred
- Experience with the design, development, and implementation of aerospace mechanical systems, actuators, and mechanisms as well as a working knowledge of complex mechanical subsystems and integration of subsystems hardware into Vehicle Systems is preferred.
- Experience with industry standard design tools and processes including NX CAD, CATIA V5, and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) is advantageous.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top