Accounting Assistant 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking an Accounting Assistant 3 - Junior Biller to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Herndon, VA.
The Accounting Assistant 3 will become a member of our Contract Accounting organization. This is a team oriented environment with primary responsibilities including billing of Time and Material, Cost Plus and Firm Fixed Price contracts to government and commercial customers in compliance with internal policies and government rules and regulations.
The roles and Responsibilities of the Accounting Assistant 3 include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare automated invoices for government customers using SAP and following established guidelines and checklists.
- Reconcile invoices to SAP cost reports.
- Review of contract documentation to determine billing requirements, reporting requirements, and ERP setup for automated invoicing.
- Interact with the contracts department, operational staff, and business management for issue resolution.
- Perform unbilled Accounts Receivable analysis to include the review and disposition of unbilled costs and the follow-up through resolution.
- Special Projects as assigned.
This position requires strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently and use sound judgment in resolving non-routine issues. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
THIS REQUISITON DOES NOT OFFER RELOCATION ASSISTANCE.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Management or related field with some related experience. (An associates and 2 years of related experience - OR - 4 years of related experience may be accepted in lieu of degree)
- Must have a strong understanding and ability with Microsoft Excel.
- US Citizenship is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top