Accounting Assistant 3
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a recent college graduate as an Accounting Assistant 3 to join our final billing team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Herndon, VA.
The Accounting Assistant 3 will serve as a Junior Biller in our Contract Accounting Final Billing Organization. This is a team oriented environment with primary responsibilities including billing of Time and Material, Cost Plus and Firm Fixed Price type contracts related to U.S. government contracts.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and use sound judgment in resolving non-routine issues. Excellent organizational skills in a fast-paced environment are a must. Candidate should have the ability to take initiative and assume responsibility for the contracts and projects assigned in order to be able to perform all job requirements. Position is full time and involves occasional work in excess of 40 hours per week.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Accounting Assistant 3 include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare automated/manual invoices for government/commercial customers using SAP and following established guidelines and checklists.
- Reconcile invoices to SAP and Legacy system cost reports.
- Review of contract documentation to determine billing requirements, reporting requirements, and ERP setup for automated invoicing.
- Interact with the contracts department, operational staff, and business management for issue resolution.
- Perform billed AR analysis to support collection team for aged invoice issues.
- Perform unbilled AR analysis to include the review and disposition of unbilled costs and the follow-up through resolution.
- Special Projects as assigned.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD) from an accredited institution; It must be no more than 1 year if the degree has already been obtained
- Not have professional work experience in their field of study (excluding internships, co-ops, or research studies)
- Be majoring in Business Administration, Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, International Business, or closely related discipline
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.7/4.0 or higher
- Previous internships/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, with a strong understanding of Microsoft Excel
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top