- Brigham City, UT
With annual revenues in of nearly $8.0B billion, over 22,000 employees, and operations in about 7 states, Northrup Grumman is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it's a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world's leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation's largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Propulsion Systems is part of Launch and Missile Defense Group which provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Northrup Grumman is currently seeking an Accountant to join our Finance team at our Promontory, Utah location.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The position is responsible to provide accounting support.
• Perform monthly accounting entries related to inventory for multiple business units
• Review transactions using worksheet skills to summarize data into meaningful information for decision making.
• Perform detail analysis, account reconciliations and adjusting entries for monthly close
• Prepare special case tax reports
• Provide financial information and schedules required for reporting
• Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Finance or Accounting.
• Knowledge of and experience with federal government financial standards, project costing systems, and multiple overhead rates experience is preferred.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
• Participate positively and successfully in a team environment using strong interpersonal skills
• Detailed oriented and self-motivated with abilities to prioritize and meet tight schedules and deadlines
• B.S degree in Accounting required
• MBA degree preferred
• CPA certification preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top