2020 Structural Engineer Nozzle Design- Promontory, Utah
- Brigham City, UT
Northrop Grumman leads the industry in solid rocket propulsion systems, strategic defense, lightweight space deployables, solar arrays and satellite thermal management systems, and in developing revolutionary new technologies for small and micro satellites. Northrop Grumman products provide government and commercial customers with innovative solutions from the ground up. If you are interested in joining an organization where you will be given the opportunity to make a difference in an exciting industry, you've come to the right place. At Northrop Grumman, you'll be part of an expanding business that is recognized as an industry leader. We value team work, innovative thinking, diversity and the drive to be the best at what we do.
Northrop Grumman currently has a fulltime opportunity for a Structural Analyst for a beginning Engineer.
Specific roles and responsibilities will include:
• Assess the structural integrity of rocket propulsion systems and related components using traditional closed form solutions as well as finite element techniques focused on rocket nozzles.
• Plan and oversee material characterization tests of various materials used in the design of rocket nozzles.
• Plan and analyze material characterization test data for analysis input properties and material capability properties.
• Prepare reports and memos documenting structural assessment activities and results.
• Prepare and make presentations summarizing structural assessment results for internal review boards and external customers.
• Assist in analysis and disposition of discrepant hardware and hardware anomalies
• Interact with design and development teams (teams include specialists in Design, Quality, Safety, Thermal, Materials, Operations) to create and verify creative design solutions that meet all requirements (technical, cost, schedule)
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be completing or has completed their degree (Master's, or PhD) from an accredited institution.
• Be majoring in or having majored in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering with emphasis in structural analysis, solid mechanics, material science and finite element theory required.
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top