2020 Spring Co-Op Technical - Hardware - Maryland
A co-op at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable:
pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Hardware Engineers for a Spring co-op opportunity. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Maryland (specific location may be in Annapolis, Baltimore, or Sykesville).
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Hardware Engineering organization (Electronics or Mechanical Hardware Engineering)and will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers.
Roles and Responsibilities
Assignments tend to be hardware engineering-oriented and may involve:
- Antenna systems engineering, antenna integration & test, antenna control, antenna beam steering control
- Test equipment design engineering
- RF/Microwave devices & packaging technology (MMIC/RFIC design, module/tile design, control & test data), RF/
microwave component design & test
- Electromagnetic simulation/analysis
- Digital & mixed signal circuit card assembly design, application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) design, digital & mixed
signal subsystem design, digital signal processing, real-time sensor control product design
- Power conditioning technology (power supplies, variable speed drives, frequency converters, multi-level converters)
- Power conversion technology (power electronics, electro-optical/infrared systems)
- Signal conversion technology (architecture, receivers, exciters, array drivers, integration & test, space electronics)
- Solid state/microelectronics device design
- Support new product design and development engineering for antenna architecture development, space sensors,
digital/analog/power/RF module packaging, large platform design and integration, underwater sensor and vehicle design,
structural design and analysis, thermal design and analysis, and electro-optical design
- Drafting oversight and drawing creation
- Manufacturing support and follow
- Produce 3-D CAD models
Currently enrolled full time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university.
Majoring in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mechanical, Applied/Engineering Physics, Microelectronics or other related degree.
Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcript must be provided at time of application by uploading the document to your application or profile)
Ability to work full time during the 2020 Spring Semester
Registered with respective college/university co-op office
Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance (US Citizenship is a pre-requisite)
Overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
Previous Internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
Good presentation and writing/communication skills
Self-motivated, willing to learn and interested in working in a team environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top