2020 Principal Research Scientist- Promontory
- Brigham City, UT
Research and Sciences
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an endless drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Research Scientist. This position will be located at our innovation System Sector in Promontory, UT.
• Work with the Labs to perform the experiments you have specified in your test matrices
• Organize and interpret your data
• Analyze overall data for conclusions and model results when applicable
• Translate questions, problems and budgets into testing and modeling activities that will answer the questions posed.
• Work with other members of the group in a team environment to answer rocket motor service life questions
Skills & Qualifications:
• Understanding of analytical chemical testing
• Understanding of mechanical properties testing
• Understanding of statistics and error analysis
• Ability to conduct computer modeling of results with codes such as C++ and Mathematica
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
• Travel expectation of 10%
Back to top