2020 PATH Engineer SW - Software & Digital - Northern Virginia
- McLean, VA
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an endless drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Software Engineers. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in the Northern Virginia area (locations could include McLean, Herndon, Fairfax, Chantilly).
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Software and Digital Technologies department and have the opportunity to work on multiple projects over the course of his/her rotations. Work will focus on Electronic Warfare, Cyber and Mission Software Engineering, Radar, Space, and International systems. Projects may include cyber resiliency, mission engineering support, data ingestion, processing and visualization, and secure multi-cloud solutions. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Full life cycle product development on a variety of architectures and target hardware platforms
- Applications include secure cloud development, threat data visualization and analytics, cyber resiliency, cyber defense, data acquisition and analysis, big data analytics, networks and communications/security, intelligence data cross correlation, image processing, reverse engineering, artificial intelligence, database management, GUI development
- Utilizing software engineering approaches and technologies such as agile software development, Object Oriented Design/Programming, Client-Server Distributed Architectures, Service Oriented Architectures, Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence, Python, C/C++, C#, Java, Java Enterprise Edition, Embedded Real-time Development, Database Design, Web Technologies, .NET, and the Unix, Linux, and Windows
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Master's) from an accredited institution
- Be majoring in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or a closely related major
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
- Experience with model-driven engineering
- Previous internship/co-op experience
- Demonstrated leadership & teamwork capabilities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Participation and leadership in professional/community/extracurricular activities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top